– In only a few years from now, most of the cars in Europe will be electric. Our goal is to accelerate the electrification of the global car park by providing hassle-free access to the charging infrastructure, everywhere,” says Robert Svendsen, CEO of Wattif.
– The contract with Smart Parkering Sverige is of great value for us, as we will build and operate EV charging points to cover demand at Smart Parkering Sverige´s 250,000 parking spaces.
Smart Parkering Sverige is one of the leading parking companies in Sweden, and currently operates more than 250,000 parking spaces throughout the country.
– Choosing Wattif was an easy decision. Their total product and software solution is a perfect match to our requirements, says Fatih Gencer, CEO of Smart Parkering Sverige.
– Having EV-charging available increases the value of our parking spaces. Here, we offer the customers the possibility to both park and charge wherever they park, for however long they park. We are building for the future, and Wattif´s solution suits us perfectly, Gencer continues.
Sweden is one of Wattif´s first target areas for EV charging, due to its relatively low EV density with expected explosive growth during the next few years. At the same time, Wattif is building up a very large market presence in the other main markets in Central Europe and UK.
– Smart Parkering Sverige is an ideal partner for us. Their focus on advanced technology via their sophisticated app, combined with their knowledge of their customers’ parking behavior, is a perfect match for Wattif, Svendsen says.
Thousands of EV chargers will be rolled out this year. This will make Wattif one of the largest EV charging operators in Sweden, and Smart Parkering Sverige one of the biggest providers of EV charging for electric cars in Sweden.
Increased value of parking spaces
Wattif EV is an end-to-end provider and a key enabler in the global shift to EV mobility. It is a Norwegian-founded company currently operating in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland and UK. The company currently has around 70 associates and is fast growing.
– We need to find a way to support professional parking space owners to build up the EV charger network – and we want to make a positive contribution towards a greener future, says Svendsen.
Wattif offers a turnkey solution, and delivers all services from installation, software, operation, maintenance, and customer service.
– This is a very exciting period for electrification and to be a part of it, at such an early stage, gives us the opportunity to make a significant impact. Here at Wattif, we can mold this business within a fairly immature marketplace, to ensure it meets the needs of this ever-increasing market, says Svendsen.
Photo: Håkan Moberg